Noteworthy books that have influenced me considerably.
Books that radically changed my understanding of martial arts and their practice.
- Zen Body-Being: An Enlightened Approach to Physical Skill, Grace, and Power by Peter Ralston - see my review & digest of it
- Peak: Secrets from the New Science of Expertise by Anders Ericsson, Robert Pool - see my review & digest of it
- Blind Zen - seldom mentioned basics
- Zen in the Martial Arts by Hyams
- Zen in the Art of Archery
Books that have strongly influenced my thinking about mind and spirit.
- The Man Who Wanted to Be Happy (see my review and highlights) by Laurent Gounelle is a fascinating and entertaining account of one man’s journey of discovery of how we are controlled by various, often unconscious, beliefs and how these take away our freedom and undermine our happiness.
All my book reviews
You can see all my book reviews here.